Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
March 17, 2011
Quick Practice Recap
The Gamecocks held their second spring practice on Thursday. The details:
* Connor Shaw, in the second day of spring drills without suspended starter Stephen Garcia, said he felt still a little bit rusty but ready to go. He didn't want to talk too much about the situation but said he was ready to take advantage of his chance.
* New special teams coach John Butler confirmed he is also working with the Spurs, or the "outside linebacker/nickel guys." Right now, that's Antonio Allen and DeVonte Holloman, two "really athletic guys." For special teams, Butler is still in the process of figuring out what kind of personnel he has. He won't begin to put in specific sets until he has an idea of what each player can do, but the schemes will be simplistic and concentrate on basic fundamentals.
* Shawn Elliott confirmed that Kaleb Broome will probably play one of the inside spots, instead of the right tackle listed on the depth chart. He was working at right guard on Tuesday and Thursday.
* Victor Hampton missed the second straight day of spring practice due to an academic issue.
* Rodney Paulk, Ryan Broadhead, Matt O'Brien, Mike Triglia, Marty Markett and Qua Gilchrist were in yellow jerseys. Dalton Wilson did not practice due to injury and was not present. Justice Cunningham and Quin Smith each practiced with club casts on their right hands.
Give GamecockCentral.com a try with our 7-Day FREE Trial: http://sub.gamecockcentral.com
Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/GamecockCentral
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/GamecockCentral
South Carolina NEWS