Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
January 25, 2014
Kershaw's Corner: Missouri
South Carolina at Missouri
* Missouri leads the overall series 2-0.
* The only meeting between the two teams in Columbia, Missouri was on January 22, 2013 when the Tigers defeated the Gamecocks 71-65.
* Mizzou won the last meeting with Carolina 90-68 on February 28, 2013 in Columbia, South Carolina.
Gamecocks Starting Five
* USC started Brenton Williams, Sindarius Thornwell, Duane Notice, Michael Carrera, and Demetrius Henry against Georgia. It was the first time using that starting five.
* Brenton Williams has started the last nine games.
* Sindarius Thornwell is the only Gamecock to start all 18 games this season.
* Duane Notice has started the last 11 games.
* Demetrius Henry has started 17 of the 18 games this season. He did not start against Ole Miss on January 18, 2014.
* The start for Michael Carrera was his fourth start of the season and his first since Oklahoma State on December 6, 2013.
Recapping the Georgia Game
* Thornwell, Notice, Williams, and Shaw combined to score 70 of the 76 points.
* Thornwell scored a career high 26 points
* Shaw scored in double figures for the first time since he tallied 13 against Oklahoma State on December 6, 2013.
* Laimonas Chatkevicius had six rebounds. That is the most he has grabbed since pulling down six against Boise State on December 23, 2013.
* The Gamecocks made eight of their 14 three pointers. That ties the season high for threes made in a game this season. The last time they hit eight was against Akron on December 28, 2013. The Gamecocks also hit eight against FIU and USC Upstate this season.
* Carolina went 24 of 36 from the free throw line. They also went 24 of 36 from the free throw line in their game against Ole Miss.
* USC had nine steals against Georgia. Carolina has exactly nine steals in four straight games.
* Gamecocks had four players to score in double figures. It was their first time to do that in SEC play this season.
Gamecock Individual Player Notes
* After going 0-10 from the field against Ole Miss, he bounced back against Georgia to hit six of his 11 shots. He was four of seven from three point range.
* He has started the last nine games.
* Scored in double figures in nine of the last 10 games. (9 vs. Ole Miss)
* Played 33+ minutes in four straight games.
* In 2013, he averaged 17.9 minutes per game in SEC action. This season he is averaging 32.8 minutes per game.
* Made the start against Georgia. It was his first start since December 6, 2013 at Oklahoma State.
* He has exactly six rebounds in his last two games. (six vs. Ole Miss and six vs. Georgia)
* Played in 17 games this season. He has scored in 16 of the 17 games that he has played in this season. (Georgia)
* He had eight steals in 18 SEC games in 2013. This season he has nine steals in five games.
* Only start of the season was against Ole Miss. He has played 17 of the 18 games this season. (FIU)
* Played at least 10 minutes in four straight games. He played eight or less in the previous four.
* Averaging four rebounds a game over the last four games.
* Has five blocks in the last three games.
* Played in 17 of the 18 games this season and has 16 starts.
* He played a season low seven minutes against Georgia. He played at least 10 minutes in the other 17 games this season.
* Averaged 4.9 points and 3.7 rebounds a game in 2012-13. This season he is averaging 5.3 points and 4.8 rebounds.
* He had 10 steals in 31 games played in the 2012-13 season. This season he has 14.
* Played in seven games this season.
* Played a season high 12 minutes against Georgia. It was the first time he played in a game since Marshall on December 30, 2013.
* He has hit two field goals this season. Both were three pointers.
* Started 17 of the 18 games this season. (Ole Miss)
* Pulled down five rebounds against Georgia. That is the most for him in a game since grabbing his career high of 11 against SC State on January 3, 2014.
* Played at least 14 minutes in 16 of 18 games this season.
* Second on the team with 13 blocked shots this season.
* Has 77 rebounds on the season which is the second most among all Gamecocks
* Played in nine games this season.
* Played a season high 11 minutes and scored a season high five points against A&M.
* Started in 13 games this season including the last 11 games played.
* Scored in double figures in seven games this season including two of the last three games.
* Played at least 20 minutes in 10 of the last 11 games.
* Made nine of his 18 shots in the last three games.
* Went six of 10 from the free throw line against Georgia. The six free throws made tied his season high of six against SC State. The 10 free throw attempts was a season high.
* In the last two SEC road games, he scored 12 against A&M and 14 against Georgia for an average of 13 points. He went a combined 11 of 17 from the free throw line in those two contests.
* Played in 18 games this season with one start.
* Played at least 12 minutes in the last five games.
* Did not attempt a shot against Georgia and did not attempt a free throw. The four prior games, he was five of 11 from the field and 10 of 13 from the free throw line.
* Played in 17 games this season with no starts.
* Played at least 13 minutes in the last four games.
* Scored nine points against Ole Miss and 12 against Georgia. He combined to go four of 10 from the field and nine of 10 from the free throw line in those two contests.
Reggie Theus Jr.
* Played a season high 13 minutes against Georgia.
* Played in two of the five SEC games. (A&M and Georgia)
* Played in eight games this season with no starts.
* He is the only Gamecock to start in all 18 games this season.
* Scored at least 24 points in three of the last four games.
* Combined to go 15 of 22 from the free throw line in the last two contests.
* Has 10 assists to 15 turnovers in the last three games.
* Scored a career high 26 points against Georgia. His previous career high was 25 against LSU.
* Averaging 18.0 point per game in SEC play.
* 14-4 overall and 2-3 in SEC play
* Tigers are 9-1 at home this season. Their lone loss was in overtime to Georgia on January 8, 2014.
* Four of their five SEC games have been decided by six points or less.
* Average score in their five SEC games - Mizzou 69.6 - Opponents 68.0
* In the last nine games, the Tigers have scored in the range of 64 to 75 points. They are 5-4 in those nine games.
* Averaging 12.4 turnovers a game.
* Outscored their last three opponents 102-64 in the paint.
* Used the same starting five in all 18 games this season. (Williams, Clarkson, Brown, Ross, Rosburg)
Missouri Head Coach Frank Haith
* Alma Mater - Elon 1988
* Ninth season overall with 196-121 record.
* Third season at Missouri with a 67-20 record overall with the Tigers.
* Guided Mizzou to a 30-5 record his first season and then to a 23-11 mark last season.
Missouri Player Notes
Wes Clark (1/6-0/175/Fr.)
* Played in all 18 games this season but has no starts.
* Will shoot the three. He has attempted nine so far in SEC play but has only hit one.
* Averages 20.4 minutes, 4.1 points and 2.3 rebounds a game
Tony Criswell (2/6-9/240/Sr.)
* Played in 15 games with no starts this season.
* Played 29 minutes against UGA where he recorded eight points and seven rebounds.
* Against LSU, he played 20 minutes grabbing six rebounds and scoring two points.
* Will attempt the three but he his hitting only 28.6%.
* Averages 17.4 minutes, 5.6 points and 4.7 rebounds a game.
Johnathan Williams, III (3/6-9/223/Fr.)
* Started all 18 games this season for the Tigers.
* Scored in double figures in four games and has scored at least four points in the last six games.
* Has 33 rebounds over the last four games.
* Averaging 27.4 minutes, 6.9 points and 7.4 rebounds per game
Corey Haith (4/5-10/174/So.)
*Played in four games averaging 1.8 minutes per game.
Jordan Clarkson (5/6-5/193/Jr.)
* Started all 18 games.
* Averaging 18.7 and 3.9 rebounds this season.
* Has nine steals over the last two games.
* Shot at least four free throws in five straight games. He hits 80% of his free throw attempts.
* Shooting 28% from three point range.
* Scored in double figures in all 18 games.
Shane Rector (11/6-1/171/Fr.)
* Played in 12 games with no starts.
* Attempted only six shots this season with one coming from three point range.
* Averaging 0.6 points, 0.3 rebounds in 5.3 minutes per game.
Torren Jones (24/6-8/234/Fr.)
* Played in 13 games with no starts.
* Averaging 0.8 points, and 1.4 rebounds in 4.9 minutes per game.
* Pulled down season high numbers against Auburn where he played 13 minutes and grabbed 11 rebounds.
Danny Feldman (31/6-9/225/Jr.)
* Played in six games with no starts.
* Averaging 0.2 rebounds in 3.0 minutes per game.
Jabari Brown (32/6-5/214/Jr.)
* Started all 18 games.
* Leads the team in scoring with 19.3 points per game.
* Shooting 75% from the free throw line.
* Averaging 36.8 minutes per game.
* Scored 22+ points in three straight games including a season high 28 versus LSU.
* Attempted at least nine field goals in every game this season.
* Attempted at least four three pointers in every game this season.
* Been the top scorer for Mizzou in five of the last six games.
Earnest Ross (33/6-5/228/Sr.)
* Started all 18 games.
* Averages 14.0 points and 6.8 rebounds in 31.4 minutes of play.
* Shot 30 free throws in the last four games.
* Has at least one steal in the last 17 games.
* Has 34 rebounds over the last four games.
* Scored in double figures in 16 of 18 games.
* Takes at least five shots from the floor each game.
Ryan Rosburg (44/6-10/252/So.)
* Started all 18 games.
* Played at least 11 minutes in 10 straight games.
* Scored in double figures in one game. (14 vs. Northwestern)
* Averages 4.3 points and 4.3 rebounds in 21.2 minutes of action
Keanau Post (45/6-11/255/Jr.)
* Played in 15 games with no starts.
* Posted a season high six rebounds in 14 minutes of action against Auburn.
* Averaging 0.9 points, 1.5 rebounds in 7.1 minutes per game.
South Carolina NEWS