Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
February 19, 2014
Kershaw's Corner: Arkansas
Gamecocks at Arkansas
* Arkansas leads the overall series 14-11 and has won eight of the 11 in Arkansas.
* USC defeated the Razorbacks 75-54 in Columbia last season.
* The Gamecocks have won four of the last six in the series.
* Three of the last six in the series have been decided by seven points or less. Two of the six games went to overtime.
* USC's last win in Arkansas was on January 16, 2008. The Gamecocks defeated the Razorbacks 70-66.
Winning Back to Back SEC Games
* The Gamecocks have won two straight SEC games with victories over Vanderbilt and Alabama.
* The last time USC won two straight SEC games was in 2011. USC defeated Florida 72-69 on January 15 in Gainesville and then defeated Arkansas 81-74 on January 19 in Columbia.
* The last time USC won three straight SEC games was 2009. The Gamecocks posted four straight SEC victories with wins over Florida, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and Kentucky.
Similarities in the Vanderbilt and Alabama Wins
* USC attempted 13 three point shots in each game.
* USC had 19 defensive rebounds in each game.
* The assist to turnover ratio in each game was 1:1. (11 assists & 11 turnovers v. Vandy & 13 & 13 v. Bama)
* USC led at halftime in both games and scored 28 points in the first half of each game.
* Same starting five - Williams, Thornwell, Notice, Kacinas, and Carrera.
* Started 16 consecutive games.
* Hit nine of his last 19 field goal attempts including four of 10 from three point range.
* Scored in double figures in seven of the last eight games.
* Since December 23, 2013, he is averaging 16.6 points per game. Prior to the Boise State game, he was averaging 7.3.
*Started the last eight games.
*Averaging 5.2 rebounds on the season. In the last nine games, he is averaging 7.1 a game.
* Averaging 4.5 points per game this season. In the last three games, he has combined to score 20 points.
* He is 11 of 21 from the free throw line this season. In the last two games, he is six of 11 from the line.
* Started the last two games and has 18 starts on the season.
* Averaging six rebounds a game over the last four games.
*Played in the last four games and scoring in three of them.
* Started 18 consecutive games.
* Has eight assists to six turnovers in the last two games.
*Played 17 minutes and scored eight points against Alabama. It was the most minutes and points scored in a game since Georgia on January 22, 2014. He scored 12 points in 19 minutes of action against the Bulldogs.
* Only Gamecock to start in every game this season.
* Scored in double figures in 17 of 25 games.
* He is averaging 2.8 assists on the season. In the last nine games, he has 44 assists. (4.9 average)
* Made 19 of his 24 free throw attempts over the last three games.
* Head Coach Mike Anderson (Tulsa 1982)
* Anderson is 53-36 at Arkansas and 253-134 overall as a head coach.
* Razorbacks are 16-9 overall and 5-7 in SEC play.
* Four of their five SEC wins have come at Bud Walton Arena.
* Five of their seven losses are by seven points or less.
* Three of their first four SEC games this season went to overtime.
* Been outrebounded in nine of their 12 SEC games.
* Scored 40+ points in the second half in five of the last seven games.
Rashad Madden (00/G/6-5/Jr.)
* Started 19 consecutive games.
* Scored in double figures in 19 of the 24 games this season.
* Hit 20 of his 24 free throw attempts in the last two games.
* Shooting 80% from the free throw line.
Mardracus Wade (01/G/6-2/Sr.)
* Played 20+ minutes in four straight games.
* Scored in double figures in two games.
Alandise Harris (02/F/6-6/R-Jr.)
* Scored in double figures in nine games this season.
* Averaging 12 points over the last two games.
* Played a season high 27 minutes against LSU on Saturday.
Coty Clarke (04/F/6-7/Sr.)
* Started 21 games.
* Scored in double figures in four of the last five including the last three.
* Averaging 5.7 rebounds a game this season. Tallied 15 in the last two.
Bobby Portis (10/F/6-10/Fr.)
* Started all 25 games this season.
* Scored 35 points against Alabama.
* Scored in double figures in six of the last seven contests.
* Played 30 or more minutes in the last six games.
* Averaging 6.7 rebounds and brought down 30 in the last four games.
Fred Gurley III (12/G/6-2/R-Sr.)
* Started 23 of the 25 games.
* Has 47 assists to 14 turnovers.
* Averaging 18.3 minutes per game.
Michael Qualls (24/G/6-6/So.)
*Made 11 starts.
*Scored in double figures in four of the last five games.
*Hit seven of his last 13 three point attempts.
South Carolina NEWS