Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
February 26, 2014
Kershaw's Corner: Auburn
South Carolina vs. Auburn
* Auburn leads the all-time series 21-14.
* Auburn has won the last four in the series including a 79-74 win on February 5, 2014 in Columbia.
* Carolina's last win vs. Auburn was on January 10, 2009 in Auburn. The Gamecocks won 80-71.
* USC's last win in Columbia versus the Tigers came on January 10, 2009. USC defeated Auburn 68-56.
Last Time Out for the Gamecocks
* USC dropped their last game against Georgia 73-56 on Saturday at Colonial Life Arena.
* The Gamecocks shot a season low .263 from the field.
* Carolina tied their season low for turnovers in a game with seven. They had seven against Akron on December 28, 2013.
Last meeting with Auburn
* Auburn led by 16 (60-44) with 13:20 left to go in the game. Tigers won 79-74.
* Auburn went 16 of 20 (.800) from the free throw line while the Gamecocks went 13 of 22 (.591)
* Carolina went 27 of 61 (.443) from the field while Auburn was 29 of 55 (.527)
* USC went 7 of 17 (.412) from three point range while the Tigers went 5 of 16 (.313)
* Auburn won the rebounding battle 32-31.
* Auburn had 16 assists to 14 turnovers while Carolina had 17 assists to 12 turnovers.
* Both teams had three blocks.
* The Tigers had eight steals while USC had five.
* Auburn won points off turnovers 16-12, second chance points 16-14, and fast break 17-12.
* USC scored 40 of their 74 points in the paint. The 40 points are the most by the Gamecocks in a SEC game this season. Their second highest total for points in the paint this season against an SEC opponent is 36 versus Vanderbilt. Their highest total on the season is 54 versus Marshall.
* Started the last 18 games.
* Went 10 of 14 the field including 6 of 10 from three point range against Auburn earlier this season. Scored 29 points.
* Averaging 17.2 points per game in SEC play this season.
* Combined to attempt 36 shots in the last two games.
* Started the last 10 games.
* Averaging eight rebounds a game over the last three games.
* Scored five points and grabbed eight rebounds in the meeting earlier this season against Auburn.
* Has at least four rebounds in each of the last four games.
* Played only four minutes in the last game against Auburn.
* Started the last four games.
* In the last two games, played 36 minutes at Arkansas and 30 versus Georgia.
* Averaging six rebounds a game over the last six games.
* Scored a season high 14 points against Auburn on February 5 in Columbia.
* Played at least 10 minutes in four of the last five games. Played 26 minutes at Tennessee and 22 versus Georgia.
* Scored in each of the last five games.
* Scored a season high eight points against Georgia on February 22, 2014 in Columbia.
* Started 22 games this season but has come off the bench in the last four games
* Played 20 minutes scoring six points and pulling down three rebounds in the last matchup with Auburn.
* Made 20 consecutive starts.
* 11 of 14 from the free throw line in the last two games
* 3 of 21 from the field in the last three games.
* Scored 12 points and grabbed six rebounds versus Auburn on February 5.
* Only Gamecock to start all 27 games this season.
* Attempted 11 field goals or more in each of the last seven games.
* Averaging 16.6 points per game against SEC opponents this season.
* Went 3 of 16 scoring eight points and totaled a career high nine assists against Auburn earlier this month.
* 12-13 overall and 4-10 in the SEC
* 11-5 in Auburn this season and 1-7 on the road. Their only road win was against USC in Columbia.
* Won three straight games before losing four of their last five. Their only win in the last five games was a 92-82 victory in Auburn versus Mississippi State. The four losses in that stretch are by eight points or less.
* Started 24 of the 25 games played this season.
* Averaging eight rebounds and eight points over the last two games.
* Scored 11 points and grabbed nine rebounds in Auburn's last game versus Vanderbilt.
* Scored two points in the earlier matchup with Carolina.
* Started in all 25 games.
* Averaging 18.7 points per game.
* Scored in double figures in 24 of 25 games.
* Against Carolina, he scored 25 points with six rebounds and six assists. He went 9 of 18 from the field.
* Started 24 of the 25 games.
* In the last game against Vandy, he scored 11 points and grabbed nine rebounds.
* Had nine points with two steals and two blocks against USC earlier this month.
* Started all 25 games.
* Averaging 20.3 points per game this season.
* Scored 25 points against South Carolina. He went 8 of 12 from the field including 3 of 4 from three point range.
* Scored in double figures in 23 of 25 games.
* Started all 25 games.
* Played 36 minutes against South Carolina scoring 12 points with four rebounds and three assists.
*Played in 18 games.
*Played nine minutes against the Gamecocks and had a season high three steals.
South Carolina NEWS