Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
May 1, 2014
Kershaw's Corner: Georgia
Gamecocks vs. The Georgia Bulldogs
* Gamecocks lead the overall series with the Bulldogs 61-49 and have won four of the last five in the series.
* Since 2009, Carolina has won 12 of the last 15.
* Last three meetings in Athens. The Bulldogs swept the Gamecocks in Athens in 2008 and Carolina returned the favor in 2010 with a sweep. In 2012, the two teams split two games. The third game of the 2012 series was cancelled due to rain.
* The Gamecocks swept the Bulldogs in 2013 at Carolina Stadium.
Close Games for Wynkoop
In the last four starts for Wynkoop, the offense has combined to score 8 runs. The Gamecock pitching staff has allowed 12 runs total in those four starts. Nine of the 12 runs were allowed by Wynkoop
April 26 - Alabama - 1 run - 6 left on base - 5 hits
April 19 - at Auburn - 3 runs - 7 left on base - 11 hits
April 12 - Florida - 3 runs - 16 left on base - 14 hits
April 4 - Arkansas - 1 run - 5 left on base - 4 hits
Byron vs. Reptar
* The first game for Byron the Bunny was at Auburn on April 19th. Since Byron made his appearance, the Gamecocks are 6-2 including a 4-2 record in Southeastern Conference play.
* The pitching staff has allowed 18 runs in the last eight games. That is an average of 2.3 runs per game.
* In 2012, the Gamecocks adopted a pet beta fish named Reptar. The Gamecocks were undefeated in his first eight games. The pitching staff allowed 34 runs in those eight games.
* Byron's first series was at Auburn in 2014. Reptar's first series was at Auburn in 2012. The following weekend, the Gamecocks played Alabama at Carolina Stadium. The weekend after Alabama in 2012, Carolina played at Arkansas. This weekend the Gamecocks travel to Athens to play Georgia.
* The Gamecocks are 34-11 and 12-9 in SEC play heading into this weekend's series in Athens. Heading into the weekend series at Arkansas in 2012, Carolina was 34-11 and 14-7 in SEC play.
* In both the Sunday games in 2012 and 2014 against Alabama, the Gamecocks scored nine runs. USC won in 2012 9-1 and 9-3 in 2014.
One Run Games in SEC Action
* Carolina is 5-4 in one run SEC games this season.
* The Gamecocks are 2-3 in one run SEC games at Carolina Stadium and 3-1 on the road.
At Auburn 4-3
At Auburn 3-2
At Arkansas 2-1
At Kentucky 1-2
Ole Miss 5-4
One Run SEC Regular Season Games Since 2010
2014 - 9 (5-4)
2013 - 7
2012 - 12
2011 - 10
2010 - 7
A New Day! A New Game!
On Saturday against Alabama, the one thru four hitters combined to go 0 for 15 with one RBI. On Sunday, the top four hitters in the lineup went nine of 19 with six runs batted in and four runs scored.
If you are interested in knowing what they did on Friday night against the Tide, well here you go. The top four hitters combined to go 2 for 13 with four walks, three runs batted in, and scored three runs.
17 Hits On Sunday Against Bama
Carolina totaled 17 hits on Sunday afternoon against Alabama. That is the most for the Gamecocks since having 18 against Brown on March 8, 2014.
Runs Over A Weekend
Carolina scored 20 runs in their three game series against Alabama. That is tied for their best in a three game series against an SEC opponent this season. USC also scored 20 in their three game series with Tennessee. Listed below is a list of how many runs the Gamecocks managed in a series against each SEC opponent this season.
1. 20 Alabama (9-1-9)
1. 20 Tennessee (3-9-8)
3. 14 Kentucky (5-1-8)
4. 12 Ole Miss (4-5-3)
4. 12 Florida (4-3-5)
6. 9 Auburn (2-3-4)
7. 3 Arkansas (2-1-0)
Since Losing Five in a Row
* After losing five in a row, the Gamecocks have won six of their last seven. The loss was a one run game against Alabama.
* Have at least 10 hits in six of the last seven games.
* Scored at least six runs in four of the last five games. In the five game losing streak, USC scored five runs or less in four of the five games.
Getting to the 7th with the Lead
*Gamecocks are 25-1 when leading after six innings.
*Carolina has outscored their opponents in the seventh inning on, 81-20.
Carolina has hit 25 homers this season. However, in the last eight games they have only hit one. That home run came against Alabama on April 25.
* Hitting .333 with five homers and 42 RBIs.
* The 42 runs batted in leads the team.
* Has the best slugging percentage on the team. (.490)
* Tied for the team lead with 19 base on balls.
* Leads the team with five sacrifice flies.
* Leads the team with 12 multiple RBI games.
* Reached base in seven consecutive games.
* Leads the team with .333 batting average in SEC play.
* Leads the team with a .350 batting average.
* Has eight doubles and four homers this season.
* Second on the team with 25 runs batted in.
* Leads the team with 62 hits.
* Has made one error in 416 chances. His fielding percentage is .998.
* Leads the team with 19 multiple hit games.
* Hitting .267 with four homers and 18 runs batted in.
* Has 36 starts in 41 games played.
* Fourth on the team with 27 runs scored.
* 15 of his 27 runs scored have come in SEC play.
* Hitting .209 with two home runs and five runs batted in.
* Tied for third on the team with three sacrifice hits.
* Made three errors in 47 chances.
* Hitting .318 in SEC play.
* Hitting .291 with eight doubles, one triple and 18 runs batted in.
* Made 40 starts in 41 games played.
* Has 19 walks and 19 strikeouts.
* Made nine of the teams 43 errors this season.
* Leadoff hitter in 23 games.
* Hitting .297 with eight doubles, three homers and 21 runs batted in.
* Leads the team with 39 runs scored.
* Has 19 walks to 16 strikeouts.
* Hit in the three spot in 36 games this season.
* Hitting .254 with five doubles and 14 runs batted in.
* Grounded into five double plays this season. That is second on the team to Bright with six.
* Hitting .296 with eight doubles, one triple, one homer and 21 runs batted in.
* Struckout 38 times at the plate this season. Most on the team. Second most is Bright with 26.
* Started all 45 games.
* Leads the team with 12 stolen bases.
* Hitting .336 with 10 doubles and 23 runs batted in.
* Leads the team with 10 doubles.
* Made 37 starts in 38 games played.
* Hitting .226 with two doubles, one triple and 12 runs batted in.
* Has 10 walks to 11 strikeouts.
* Made 13 starts in 28 games played.
* Has 31 putouts in 31 chances.
* Hit in the two spot in six games.
* Hitting .267 in SEC play.
* In SEC play, he is tied for third on the team with eight runs batted in.
* Hitting .189 (7 for 37) with two runs batted in.
* 3-0 with a 0.94 ERA in 15 appearances with two starts.
* Allowed four runs, three earned in 28.2 innings.
* Opponents are hitting .152 against him.
* 6-3 with a 3.55 ERA in 11 starts.
* Second on the team with 66 innings pitched.
* Has 67 strikeouts to 23 walks.
* Opponents are hitting .241 against him.
* Allowed 10 doubles and six homers.
* All six home runs allowed have come in SEC play.
* ERA in SEC play is 4.36 this season.
* 5-3 with a 2.14 ERA in 12 appearances with 11 starts.
* Leads the team with 67.1 innings pitched.
* 16 of his 23 runs allowed are earned.
* Has 49 strikeouts to eight walks.
* Opponents are hitting .255 against him.
* Allowed 11 doubles and three homers.
* 6-2 with a 2.60 ERA in 11 starts.
* Third on the team with 65.2 innings pitched.
* Has 42 strikeouts to 16 walks.
* Has not allowed a triple or home run this season.
* Opponents are hitting .250 against him. SEC opponents are hitting .295 against him.
* 1-0 with a 1.00 ERA in nine appearances with one start.
* Allowed 19 hits, three runs in 27 innings of work.
* Has 18 strikeouts to six walks.
* Opponents are hitting .204 against him and have only one extra base hit.
* 4-0 with a 0.67 ERA in 23 appearances.
* Three of the four wins are against Tigers. (2 vs. Clemson, 1 vs. Auburn, and 1 vs. Alabama)
* Leads the team with 23 appearances.
* Allowed two runs and 16 hits in 27 innings of work.
* Has 37 strikeouts to 13 walks.
* Opponents are hitting .174 against him.
* Allowed only one extra base hit this season.
* 2-1 with a 0.58 ERA in 19 appearances.
* Leads the team with 12 saves.
* Allowed three runs, two earned, and 13 hits in 31 innings of work.
* Opponents are hitting .126 against him.
* Thrown three wild pitches.
* 3-0 with a 0.42 ERA in 11 appearances with one start.
* Allowed 21 hits, three runs, one earned in 21.2 innings pitched.
* Struckout 20 and walked three.
* Opponents are hitting .244 against him.
Scouting the Georgia Bulldogs
* 21-22-1 record with a 7-13-1 mark in SEC play.
* 18-9 at home including a 5-4 record versus SEC opponents.
* Lost eight games in a row. Only one of the eight games was decided by one run.
* Scored 18 runs in the eight game losing streak. Nine of the 18 came in the series opener at Vanderbilt.
* 15-2 when they score six or more runs.
* Hit only two home runs in SEC play.
* Leads the team with a .314 batting average.
* Tied for the team lead with two home runs.
* Second on the team with 24 runs batted in.
* Leads the team with 14 doubles.
* Started all 44 games.
* Leads the team with seven doubles in SEC play.
* Tied for the team lead with 14 multiple hit games.
* Started 36 games at third base and eight in left field.
* Hitting .309 with 12 doubles, one triple, two homers and 29 runs batted in.
* He leads the Bulldogs with 29 runs batted in.
* Leads the team with a .430 slugging percentage.
* Second on the team with nine stolen bases.
* Has 30 walks to 20 strikeouts.
* Started all 44 games.
* Leads the Bulldogs in SEC play with 10 RBIs.
* Tied for the team lead with 14 multiple hit games.
* Leads the team with eight multiple RBI games.
* Reached base in 16 consecutive games.
* Started 42 games at shortstop.
* Hitting .283 with three doubles, one triple, and one homer.
* Leads the team with 31 runs scored.
* Started all 44 games.
* Tied for the team lead in SEC play with 11 runs scored.
* Hitting .280 with six doubles, and one homer with 12 runs batted in.
* Leads the team with 209 putouts but fourth with five errors.
* Leads the team with a .300 batting average in SEC play.
* Started 25 games at first base.
* Hitting .265 with two doubles, one triple and 19 runs batted in.
* Leads the team with 15 stolen bases.
* Started 43 games in centerfield.
* Hitting .210 with nine doubles, two home runs and 18 runs batted in.
* Leads the team with eight hit by pitches.
* Started 14 games at catcher and 23 at DH.
* Hitting .182 with three doubles, one homer and 19 runs batted in.
* Has eight errors in 77 chances.
* 4-4 with a 2.85 ERA in 12 appearances with nine starts.
* Has not allowed a home run this season.
* Opponents are hitting .204 against him.
* Has 50 strikeouts to 18 walks.
* 3-4 with a 3.65 ERA in 11 starts.
* Leads the team with 61.2 innings pitched.
* Allowed 31 runs, 25 earned on 63 hits.
* Opponents are hitting .278 against him.
* Thrown two complete games.
* 3-4 with a 4.68 ERA in 10 starts.
* Thrown 42.1 innings allowing 45 hits and 30 runs.
* Has 25 walks to 23 strikeouts.
* Opponents are hitting .281 against him.
* 5-4 with a 4.04 ERA in 16 appearances with one start.
* Leads the team with eight appearances in SEC games.
* He is 2-2 with a 3.68 ERA in SEC action.
South Carolina NEWS