South Carolina vs. No. 17 Kentucky
* Kentucky leads the overall series 47-10 and holds an 18-6 advantage in Columbia.
* The Wildcats defeated the Gamecocks 77-55 last season at Rupp.
* Kentucky has won the last six in the series. Five of the six were decided by 10 points or more.
* USC's last win in the series was on January 26, 2010 in Columbia. (68-62)
Gamecocks in the Last Six Games
* The Gamecocks are averaging 69.4 points per game this season. In SEC play, Carolina is averaging 67.6. In the last six games, USC is averaging 62.0.
* Shot less than 40% in four of the last six games.
* Lost three of the six by double digits.
* The two teams they held under 70 points were Vanderbilt and Alabama. USC won both games.
* Allowed at least 34 points in the first half in four of the six games. USC lost all four of those games.
Gamecock Player Notes
* Started 11 straight games.
* Played 30 minutes against Auburn on Wednesday night. That is the most for him since playing 33 at Ole Miss on February 1, 2014.
* Posted back to back double digit rebound games. He had 12 versus Georgia and 13 at Auburn.
* 12 of the 25 rebounds in the last two games are offensive boards.
* Started the last five games.
* Tied his career high of six free throws made against Auburn on Wednesday.
* Has at least five rebounds in seven straight games.
* Scored 10 points against Auburn. That is the most for him since scoring 14 against Auburn in Columbia on February 5, 2014.
* Played at least 10 minutes in five of the last six games.
* Tied his season high of four rebounds at Auburn on Wednesday.
* The start at Auburn was his 23rd of the season.
* Averaging 15.2 minutes, 2.1 rebounds and 2.0 points per game against SEC opponents
* Came off the bench and played 24 minutes at Auburn.
* The Auburn game was the first time he did not start since the USC Upstate game on December 19, 2013.
* He hit three of his eight shots against the Tigers. In the previous three games, he was three of 21 from the field.
* Played 16 minutes at Auburn. It was the first time he saw action since playing nine minutes at Tennessee on February 8, 2014.
* The 16 minutes are the most for him since playing 23 versus LSU on January 11, 2014.
* Played in 25 games this season averaging 10.1 minutes per game.
* Hit three of his last six shots from the field.
* Only Gamecock to start all 28 games.
* Played at least 32 minutes in each of the last eight games.
* Hit eight of his last 40 field goal attempts.
* Has at least four rebounds in five straight games.
* Coached by John Calipari. He is 144-33 at Kentucky.
* Ranked 17th in the country.
* 21-7 overall and 11-4 in SEC play.
* Two of their four SEC losses came to Arkansas. They lost 87-85 in overtime in Fayetteville and 71-67 in overtime in Lexington.
* Won six of their last eight games.
* Last two games played both went to overtime.
* Outscored their last two opponents 92-48 in the paint and 43-20 in second chance points.
* Four players are averaging in double figures. (Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, James Young and Julius Randle)
* Randle, Young, Aaron Harrison and Andrew Harrison have started all 28 games.
* Randle is leading the Wildcats with 10.3 rebounds and 15.7 points per game.
SUBSCRIBERS-ONLY News/Features from GamecockCentral.com:
Recruiting scoop - an update on 4-star OL Zack Bailey after his visit to Columbia on Friday, news on a 5-star DB visiting, and more
Want to know which USC players ran the fastest 40 in offseason testing? Bench press? Which players won the team competition, and which guys stood out for leadership and overall performance? Our detailed report here -
Offseason workout scoop - top performers, team leaders, and even more from our exclusive workout with strength coach Joe Connolly
In the dark about a Gamecock team/recruiting question? Ask Chris Clark here any day and get a detailed answer -
Hoops/hoops recruiting insider - will Dawn Staley land top target A'ja Wilson? What's the latest on the recruiting trail for Frank Martin?