South Carolina vs. LSU
* South Carolina leads the overall series 15-13 but the Tigers have won seven of the 13 in Columbia.
* The two teams split their two games last season. Carolina won on the road 82-73 in overtime on January 16 and LSU won in Columbia 64-46 on February 14. The 82-73 OT win for the Gamecocks was the first SEC win for Coach Martin. Carrera scored a career high 23 points in the OT win last season versus LSU.
* Gamecocks have won four of the last seven in the series.
* Carolina's last four wins in the series have been by nine points or less while LSU's last three wins in the series have been by double digits.
* LSU has won the last two games in Columbia. USC's last win against the Tigers in Columbia was on January 13, 2010 when the Gamecocks won 67-58.
* The final scores have been somewhat similar in the last five games between the two teams. The winning team has scored in the mid-sixties while the losing team has been held to under 60. The only exception in the last five games was the overtime game last year. The teams ended regulation tied at 69. (SC 67-58, SC 64-56, LSU 68-58, SC 82-73-OT, LSU 64-46)
Gamecocks From 3
USC is shooting 37.2% (70-188) from three point range this season. In the last four games, the Gamecocks are 26 of 52 on their three point attempts. They have hit at least five three pointers in four straight games.
The Gamecocks have won the rebounding battle in 10 of the 14 games this season. They were tied with USC Upstate and lost the battle on the boards to Baylor, Manhattan, and South Carolina State.
Getting to the Free Throw Line
USC shot 20 or more free throws in 11 of their 14 games this season. Last season, USC shot 20 or more free throws in 16 games.
Offense in the Second Half
The Gamecocks have scored 40+ points in the second half in six games this season including three of the last five games. The fewest second half points scored in the last five games by the Gamecocks were the 37 they scored against Florida on Wednesday night.
*Florida shot 57.8% from the field on Wednesday night against the Gamecocks. They are the second opponent this season to shoot for over 50% from the field. (Boise State 53.7%)
*For the first time this season, the Gamecocks failed to block a shot in a game.
* Carolina had 21 turnovers against the Gators. They had 24 combined in the two previous games.
* The 41 field goal attempts by the Gamecocks were a season low.
* Notice has started the last seven games and has played 30+ minutes in five of the last six games.
* In the first seven games of the season, he played 20 minutes or less and never scored more than eight points. He has scored in double digits in five of the last seven games.
* Started the first nine games of the season but has come off the bench in the last five games.
* Scored 10+ points in four of the last five games.
* Hit 15 of his 20 free throw attempts in the last three games.
* Started the last five games.
* Scored in double figures in six straight games.
* In the last five games he is averaging 16.6 points per game.
* Has made at least two three pointers in eight games.
* Played 30+ minutes in three of the last five games. Averaging 22.3 minutes a game this season.
LSU Coach Johnny Jones
* Alma Mater - LSU 1985
* He is in his second season and is currently 28-16 as the head coach of the Tigers.
* He is in his 14th season coaching and is 233-178 overall
* Also coached at Memphis (1999-00) and North Texas (2001-12)
* The Tigers are 9-4 overall and 0-1 in SEC play.
* LSU has lost their last two games. (74-70 to Rhode Island and 68-50 to Tennessee) In those two games they were out-rebounded 86-60. (46-32 by Rhode Island and 40-28 by Tennessee)
* The South Carolina game is their first road game since December 18, 2013 when they traveled to Texas Tech and defeated the Red Raiders 71-69.
* Two of their four losses this season have been by four points or less. (74-70 Rhode Island and 92-90 UMass)
* Started the last 10 games of the season.
* Averaging 9.1 points per game and 28.5 minutes per game.
* Scored in double figures in five games this season but has scored eight points or less in the last four games. His season high is 20 against Memphis.
* Had four plus assists in the first four games of the season but has only reached four assists in two of his last nine games.
Johnny O'Bryant III
* Started all 13 games this season.
* Averaging 14.8 points per game and 7.5 rebounds per game.
* Played at least 24 minutes in all 13 games. He played 40 minutes against Butler on December 1, 2013.
* Scored in double figures in 11 of 13 games this season including the last five. Season high was 25 points vs. UMass in the opener.
* Has 7+ rebounds in eight of 13 games this season.
* Came off the bench in 11 of the 13 games this season.
* Scored in double figures in five games. All five of those games he came off the bench.
* Played 21 minutes in the SEC opener vs. Tennessee but it appears he plays about 11 to 20 minutes a game. His season average is 18.6.
* Started all 13 games this season. Played in 104 games in his career with 92 starts.
* Averaged 10+ points a game in each season at LSU. Averaging 11.5 this season.
* Very good free throw shooter shooting 84.8% this season.
* Tennessee held him scoreless in the 19 minutes that he played. He was 0-5 from the field.
* Played in 11 games this season and started nine of them.
* Played 25+ minutes in three of the last four games.
* Scored in double figures in four games this season.
* Shooting 73.9% from the free throw line and can also shoot the three as he has hit eight of his 22 attempts.
*Played in 12 games but has only one start.
* Season high for points scored was 12 vs. Butler. Only game this season he scored in double figures.
* Played 18+ minutes in the last four games. Averaging 16.6 a game.
* Started all 13 games this season.
* Scored in double figures in 12 of the 13 games. Averaging 13.9 points per game.
* Averaging 31.4 minutes per game. Played 30+ minutes in 10 of the 13 games.
* Has at least three blocks in 11 of the 13 games. Recorded nine blocks in the last two games combined.
* Averaging 7.5 rebounds a game. He grabbed 10+ rebounds in four of the first five games of the season.