South Carolina at Tennessee
* Tennessee leads the overall series 38-23.
* The Vols have won 12 straight over the Gamecocks.
* The Gamecocks last win in the series was a 81-64 victory on February 17, 2007.
* Carolina's last win in Knoxville was a 94-60 win on January 23, 2002.
* Seven of the last 10 games have been decided by nine points or less.
* This is the only regular season meeting between the Gamecocks and Volunteers this year.
* Led the team in scoring in three of the last four games.
* Scored in double figures in 13 of the last 14 games.
* Scored at least 18 points in the last five games. Scored 23+ in three of the last four.
* Hit 22 of his 40 three point attempts in the last four games.
* Attempted at least seven three pointers in each of the last five games. In those five games, he hit at least 50% of his three point attempts.
* Shooting 43.2% from three point range this season. (57-132)
* Led the team in rebounding the last five games. Only one of those five games he was tied with another Gamecock for the team lead. He has at least eight boards in the last four games. He has at least six boards in six straight.
* Attempted at least six free throws in each of the last four games.
* 10 of his 20 points in the last three games are from the free throw line.
* Scored a season high 14 points against Auburn.
* Grabbed six rebounds against Auburn. It was the most for him in SEC action this season. His previous high in SEC play was four against Ole Miss and four against Florida.
* Combined to score 21 points in the last two games while going scoreless in the previous three. He took only one shot from the field in those three games. He is eight of 11 in the last two games.
* Played 20 minutes against Auburn after playing 10 and 13 against Ole Miss and Texas A&M.
* Hit three of his four shots scoring six points against Auburn. He also pulled down three rebounds.
* Scored in double figures in four of the last seven games. Appears to score in double figures in every other game. (12-4-14-2-19-9-12)
* Pulled down six rebounds that tied his career high of six against Marshall.
* Hit 14 of his last 26 field goal attempts.
* Played at least 29 minutes in his last three games. Played between 20 and 28 in the previous four.
* Led the team in assists in the last two games. He has 15 assists over those two games.
* Has 4+ assists in five of the last six games.
* Scored in double figures in seven of the nine SEC games.
* Played 39 minutes against Ole Miss and Auburn.
* In the last four games, he is 17 of 17 from the free throw line.
* Career high four steals versus Auburn.
Gamecocks Starting Five
* Coach Martin has used the starting lineup of Brenton Williams, Sindarius Thornwell, Duane Notice, Demetrius Henry, and Michael Carrera in the last five games.
* Thornwell is the only Gamecock to start every game this season. Henry has started 21 of the 22 games.
* Williams has started the last 13 games, Notice the last 15 and Carrera the last five.
SEC Halfway Report (2012-13/2013-14)
SEC Home: 1-4/1-3
SEC Away: 1-3/0-5
OA SEC Record: 2-7/1-8
Losses by eight points or less: 4/6
Points Per Game in SEC Action: 60.6/71.3
Points Allowed in SEC Action: 67.2/75.6
Points by Freshmen in SEC play: 299*/304 --- *entire 2012-13 season (Carrera, Chatkevicius, Steele, and Kacinas)
% of pts by Freshmen in SEC play: 27.3%*/47.4% --- *entire 2012-13 season (Carrera, Chatkevicius, Steele, and Kacinas)
Free Throws in Comparison to Last Season
In the 2012-13 season, the Gamecocks went 437 of 635 (.688) from the free throw line. This season, USC is 405 of 584. (.693) Carolina played 32 games last season and have played 22 this year.
Scouting the Volunteers
* 14-8 overall and 5-4 in SEC play.
* Four of their five SEC wins are by double digits. Three of their four losses are by eight points or less.
* Won their last three SEC home games.
* Head coach is Cuonzo Martin (Purdue, 2000) Martin is 114-77 overall as a head coach including a 53-36 record at Tennessee
Jeronne Maymon (34/RS-Sr./F/6-8/260)
*Averaging 8.2 rebounds and 11.0 points a game this season.
Jordan McRae (52/Sr./G/6-6/185)
* Averages 19.0 points and 3.4 boards a game in 2013-14.
* Scored at least 26 points in three of the last four games.
* Hit 14 three pointers over the last three games.
* Attempted at least 14 shots in each of the last seven games.
Josh Richardson (1/Jr./G/6-6/196)
* Averages 9.2 points and 3.0 rebounds a game this season.
* Scored in double figures in the last three games.
* Hit 16 of his last 33 shots including nine of 18 from three point range.
Jarnell Stokes (5/Jr./F/6-8/260)
* Averages 13.8 points and 10.4 rebounds a game.
* Scored in double figures in 11 of the last 13 games.
* Has 10+ rebounds in seven of the nine SEC games.
* Has 54 rebounds in the last four games. Average of 13.5 per game.