Gamecocks vs. Commodores - The Series
* Gamecocks lead the overall series 49-26.
* The Gamecocks swept the Commodores in 2009 in Columbia. Since then, Vandy has won nine of the last 15 meetings.
* Vandy took the two games in Columbia last season and defeated Carolina in the SEC Tournament.
* The Commodores have won five of the last six including the last four.
* Carolina won two of the three games in Nashville in 2012.
* Three of the last four games have been one run games.
Comparing Games Against The Citadel
Batting (1st Game Compared to 2nd Game)
Runs 8 - 10
Hits 7 - 10
RBIs 6 - 9
Doubles 2 - 3
Homers 2 - 0
BB 10 - 9
LOB 11 - 11
H 12 - 5
R 10 - 1
ER 9 - 0
BB 8 - 2
K 10 - 8
Doubles 2 - 0
Homers 2 - 0
Bats are Warming Up
Gamecocks have at least 10 hits in four of their last five games. They scored at least eight runs in three of the last five.
Pitching + Fielding
In the last five games (45 innings), the USC pitching staff has allowed a total of six runs and 27 hits. Five of the six runs allowed were earned. The Gamecock pitchers have struck out 39 and walked 9 batters.
In the same five games, the Gamecocks have turned 10 double plays.
In 2013, the Gamecocks had 62 stolen bases. Carolina has 40 this year. Eight of the 40 stolen bases have come in the last four games. USC had three against Wofford and the Citadel and one in the Saturday and Sunday games against Missouri.
Mincey The Tiger Killer
* Has six appearances this season against Tigers. (2 vs. Clemson, 2 vs. Auburn & 2 vs. Mizzou)
* Four of his five wins are against Tigers.
* Pitched in six games this season against Tigers.
* In 10.1 innings against Tigers, he has allowed seven hits, and no runs.
* Struck out 12 and walked two in those six appearances.
The Gumby We Know
In back to back starts against Ole Miss and Kentucky, Jordan Montgomery combined to allow 15 runs on 16 hits in eight innings of work.
Since those two starts this is what he has done:
* Made six starts.
* 4-2 in those six starts.
* Pitched at least 6.1 innings in all six of the starts and pitched at least seven in five of the six.
* Allowed 13 runs, and 33 hits in 43.1 innings.
* Struck out 39 and walked 10.
* Has at least eight strikeouts in four of the six starts.
In 2013, Adam Westmoreland, Nolan Belcher, and Jack Wynkoop led the Gamecocks with seven wins on the season. This season, Jordan Montgomery is tied with Wynkoop with seven wins on the season.
With USC's 10-1 win on Tuesday night against The Citadel, the Gamecocks reached the 40th win mark for the 15th consecutive season. The last time USC failed to reach 40 wins was in 1999 when they went 35-23.
1999 - 35-23
2000 - 56-10 - Reached 40th win in regular season.
2001 - 49-20 - Reached 40th win in regular season.
2002 - 57-18 - Reached 40th win in regular season.
2003 - 45-22 - Reached 40th win in NCAA Tournament.
2004 - 53-17 - Reached 40th win in regular season.
2005 - 41-23 - Reached 40th win in NCAA Tournament.
2006 - 41-25 - Reached 40th win in NCAA Tournament.
2007 - 46-20 - Reached 40th win in regular season.
2008 - 40-23 - Reached 40th win in NCAA Tournament.
2009 - 40-23 - Reached 40th win in NCAA Tournament.
2010 - 54-16 - Reached 40th win in regular season.
2011 - 55-14 - Reached 40th win in regular season.
2012 - 49-20 - Reached 40th in SEC Tournament.
2013 - 43-20 - Reached 40th in NCAA Tournament.
2014 - 40-13 - Reached 40th win in regular season.
Entering this weekend, the Gamecocks are 16-11 in SEC play. The last time Carolina failed to reach .500 or better in SEC play was in 1997 when they went 13-17. USC has had a .500 record or better in 17 consecutive seasons.
1997 - 13-17
1998 - 19-10
1999 - 15-15
2000 - 25-5
2001 - 17-13
2002 - 21-8
2003 - 19-11
2004 - 17-13
2005 - 16-14
2006 - 15-15
2007 - 17-13
2008 - 15-15
2009 - 17-13
2010 - 21-9
2011 - 22-8
2012 - 18-11
2013 - 17-12
2014 - 16-11
2014 SEC Records
Ole Miss 17-10
South Carolina 16-11
Mississippi State 16-11
Texas A&M 13-14
Overall Records for USC Since 2010 Heading Into the Final SEC Matchup of the Season
2014 - 40-13 - Entering this weekend on a 5 game winning streak.
2013 - 38-14 - Entered that weekend on a 5 game winning streak.
2012 - 38-13 - Entered that weekend winning 3 of last 4.
2011 - 42-11 - Entered that weekend on a 3 game winning streak.
2010 - 42-11 - Entered that weekend on a 6 game winning streak.
The Gamecocks last home game of the regular season was on Tuesday against The Citadel. USC defeated the Bulldogs 10-1. Carolina is 32-5 at Carolina Stadium this season and they have an overall record of 187-37 overall since the stadium opened in 2009.
* 7-4 with a 3.21 ERA in 13 starts.
* Leads the team with 81.1 innings pitched.
* Leads the team with 77 strikeouts.
* Opponents are hitting .237 against him this season.
* Last season against Vanderbilt in the SEC Tournament, he pitched 7.2 innings allowing three runs and five hits. In the regular season game, he went 2.2 innings allowing four runs and six hits.
* 7-3 with a 2.16 ERA in 14 appearances with 13 starts.
* Has 54 strikeouts to 10 walks.
* 19 of the 26 runs allowed are earned.
* Allowed 75 hits in 79 innings of work.
* Allowed eight runs in his last five starts.
* 6-3 with a 2.97 ERA in 13 starts.
* Has 46 strikeouts to 19 walks.
* Opponents are hitting .245 against him this season.
* 2-1 with a 0.54 ERA in 22 appearances.
* Leads the team with 14 saves.
* Opponents are hitting .134 against him this season.
* 5-0 with a 0.54 ERA in 26 appearances.
* Has one save.
* Allowed two runs and 19 hits in 33.1 innings of work.
* The last run he allowed this season came on April 12, 2014 against Florida.
* Four of his five wins this season are against Tigers. (2 vs. Clemson, 1 vs. Auburn and 1 vs. Missouri)
* 2-0 with a 0.68 ERA in 12 appearances with three starts.
* Allowed four runs in 39.2 innings of work.
* Has 30 strikeouts to eight walks allowed.
* Pitched a career high seven innings against The Citadel on Tuesday allowing four hits and one run. He struck out seven while walking no Bulldog batters.
* 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA in 15 appearances.
* Has 18 strikeouts to nine walks allowed.
* 3-0 with a 0.36 ERA in 13 appearances with one start.
* Allowed three runs (1 earned) and 24 hits in 25.0 innings pitched.
* Has 21 strikeouts to four walks.
* 3-0 with a 0.87 ERA in 18 appearances with two starts.
* Allowed four runs and 16 hits in 31 innings pitched.
* Opponents are hitting .150 against him this season.
* Hitting .200 with two runs batted in.
* 3-0 with a 2.35 ERA in eight appearances with two starts.
* Allowed six runs and 22 hits in 23 innings.
* 1 for 7 against Vanderbilt in the 2012 weekend series and 0 for 8 in 2013 series.
* Leads the team in batting average, doubles, home runs, total bases, walks, slugging percentage and runs batted in.
* Started in 49 of the 51 games played.
* Leads the team with 13 multiple RBI games.
* Enters this weekend with an 11 game hitting streak.
* Enters this weekend with a streak of 15 consecutive games reaching base.
* Went 1 for 3 against Vanderbilt in the 2013 weekend series.
* Leads the team with 67 hits on the season.
* Started all 53 games this season.
* Leads the team with 20 multiple hit games.
* Hitting .336 with 23 runs batted in.
* Made 37 starts in 38 games played.
* Hitting .305 with four homers and 25 runs batted in.
* Started all 49 games that he has played in.
* Leads the team with 47 runs scored.
* Tied for 2nd on the team with 10 doubles.
* Tied for the team lead with 24 walks.
* Reached base in seven consecutive games.
* He went two for seven against Vanderbilt in the 2013 weekend series.
* Hitting .291 with four homers and 23 runs batted in.
* Made 41 starts in 46 games played.
* Has 22 walks to 23 strikeouts.
* Enters this weekend with an eight game hitting streak.
* Reached base in eight consecutive games.
* Hitting .286 with eight doubles, one triple, one homer and 23 runs batted in.
* Leads the team with 17 stolen bases (17 of 20)
* Leads the team with seven sacrifice hits.
* Started all 53 games this season.
* Hitting .271 with 10 doubles, one triple and 20 runs batted in.
* Has 48 starts in 49 games played.
* Fielding percentage is .954. Has 10 errors in 218 chances.
* Hitting .269 with three doubles, one triple, five homers and 17 runs batted in.
* Made 28 starts in 29 games played.
* Went two for seven against Vanderbilt in the 2013 weekend series.
* Hitting .254 with five doubles and 14 runs batted in.
* Made 35 starts in 39 games played.
* Hitting .205 with three doubles, one triple and 18 runs batted in.
* Has 21 starts in 36 games played.
* Has 18 walks to 19 strikeouts.
* Hitting .235 in SEC play.
* Hitting .204 with two homers and five runs batted in.
* Made 12 starts in 27 games played.
* Hitting .281 in SEC play.
* Hitting .261 in SEC play with four runs batted in.
* Made seven starts in 10 SEC games.
* Made eight straight starts. The first three were in right field and the last five were made in left.
* 39-14 overall and 16-11 in SEC play.
* 25-7 record in Nashville.
* Dansby Swanson leads the team with a .343 batting average on the season.
* Bryan Reynolds leads the Commodores with 40 runs batted in.
* Commodores have hit 20 homers on the season. No player has more than four home runs. Six players have at least two home runs this season. Reynolds, Vince Conde and Zander Wiel lead the team with four.
* Four players with at least 10 stolen bases. Swanson leads the team with 17. Reynolds has 11, and Xavier Turner and John Norwood have 10 each.
* Walker Buehler is 9-2 with a 2.31 ERA in 14 appearances with 12 starts. He has 84 strikeouts to 27 walks.
* Tyler Ferguson is 7-3 with a 2.66 ERA in 13 starts. He has 55 strikeouts to 22 walks. Opponents are hitting .190 against him.
* Tyler Beede is 7-6 with a 3.43 ERA in 13 starts. He has 82 strikeouts to 32 walks.
* Jared Miller is 6-1 with a 3.95 ERA in 12 appearances with nine starts.
* Carson Fulmer is 4-1 in 19 appearances with four starts. He has a 0.98 ERA and nine saves.
* Brian Miller is 1-0 with a 1.26 ERA in 24 appearances. He has 26 strikeouts to four walks.
* Won two of three against Florida last weekend in Gainesville. The Gators scored three runs in three games.
* Commodores have won eight of their last nine SEC games. They've outscored their SEC opponents 64-18 in those nine games.