Gamecocks add Father's Day commit from Miami DT
Miami (Fla.) Florida Christian class of 2022 three-star defensive tackle Jamaal Whyce went public with a verbal commitment to South Carolina on Father's Day Sunday.
The 6-foot-4, 270-pound Whyce also held offers from Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Miami, Ole Miss, Pitt, Syracuse and UCF.
Whyce was recruited to South Carolina by defensive line coach Jimmy Lindsey.
An Ohio native, Whyce was in Columbia last weekend for an unofficial visit when he took an in-depth look at the program.
That Sunday head coach Shane Beamer sent out a #WelcomeHome Tweet to signal a commitment to the Gamecocks, referring to Whyce, who chose to wait until this Sunday to go public.
Whyce is the sixth commitment to South Carolina's 2022 class and first pledge at defensive tackle.
• Not a subscriber? Learn more about Gamecock Central here!
• Watch our live show and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
• Sign up for Gamecock Central's FREE news alerts and daily newsletter.
• Subscribe to our podcast on whatever podcast platform you prefer!
• Follow Gamecock Central on Instagram @GamecockCentral.