South Carolina vs. Arkansas
* Arkansas leads the overall series 35-28
* The Razorbacks have won five of the last eight in the series.
* Arkansas swept the Gamecocks last season in Columbia.
* In 2012, USC won two of three in Fayetteville and then defeated the Razorbacks in two of three in Omaha.
* Eight of the last nine meetings have been decided by three runs or less. Three were decided by exactly one run.
Gamecocks At The Half Way Point of the Season Since 2000 (After 28 games)
2014 - 25-3 - ?
2013 - 22-6 - Finished the season 43-20 - Super Regionals
2012 - 20-8 - Finished the season 49-20 - CWS Championship Series
2011 - 23-5 - Finished the season 55-14 - National Champions
2010 - 22-6 - Finished the season 54-16 - National Champions
2009 - 19-9 - Finished the season 40-23 - Regionals
2008 - 20-8 - Finished the season 40-23 - Regionals
2007 - 22-6 - Finished the season 46-20 - Super Regionals
2006 - 25-3 - Finished the season 41-25 - Super Regionals
2005 - 23-5 - Finished the season 41-23 - Regionals
2004 - 23-5 - Finished the season 53-17 - CWS
2003 - 19-9 - Finished the season 45-22 - CWS
2002 - 22-6 - Finished the season 57-18 - CWS National Championship Game
2001 - 24-4 - Finished the season 49-20 - Super Regionals
2000 - 25-3 - Finished the season 56-10 - Super Regionals
* The 25-3 record is Carolina's best record at the halfway point of the regular season since the 2006 season. USC also went 25-3 in 2000. The Gamecocks advanced to the Super Regionals in each season. Carolina lost to Louisiana Lafayette in 2000 and lost to
* Gamecocks have been 19-9 or better every season at the halfway point of the regular season since 2000.
* Made the NCAA Tournament every season since 2000.
* Advanced to Omaha six times since 2000.
Last Weekend Versus Tennessee
* Gamecocks won the first game 3-2 in 14 innings. The 14 inning game is the longest for the Gamecocks since they played 15 innings at Arkansas on April 6, 2002.
* Carolina clinched the series on Saturday with a 9-6 win. Schrock hit a two run shot in the 9th inning to cut the lead to 6-5. Greiner then came up with the bases loaded to hit a grand slam to give the Gamecocks a 9-6 victory.
* USC got the sweep with an 8-0 win on Sunday. Freshman Wil Crowe threw 7.1 innings allowing no runs on eight hits. He struck out three and walked no batters.
* USC leads the overall series with Tennessee 54-34
* The Gamecocks have won 16 of the last 17 in the series including eight in a row.
* Tennessee's last win in the series was a 5-4 victory on April 6, 2012 in Columbia.
* Tennessee has not won a weekend series against South Carolina since the 2006 season. Tennessee won 5-4, and 8-7 in the first two games of the series and the Gamecocks avoided the sweep with a 9-2 win on Sunday.
* The Gamecocks have swept four of the last five series against the Vols.
The Gamecocks have 11 shutouts this season. They had 8 in 2013, 9 in 2012, 4 in 2011, and 8 in 2010. The USC record for shutouts in a season is 14 by the 1974 squad.
Game They Recorded Their Last Shutout
2014 - 11th shutout came in the 27th game of the season.
2013 - 8th shutout came in the 62nd game of the season.
2012 - 9th shutout came in the 66th game of the season.
2011 - 4th shutout came in the 30th game of the season.
2010 - 8th shutout came in the 50th game of the season.
1974 - 14th shutout came in the 54th game of the season.
Comparing the 1974 and 2014 Seasons
The USC record for shutouts in a season is held by the 1974 squad who had 14 shutouts. The 2014 squad currently has 11 shutouts in 28 games.
The 1974 squad finished the season 48-8 while this season's squad is 25-3 at the midway point of the regular season.
Five of the 14 shutouts in 1974 came in seven inning games. All 11 shutouts for the Gamecocks this season have been in nine inning games.
The Comeback Cocks …. Does it start or end with Grayson?
* USC trailed 6-1 going to the bottom of the 5th inning.
* With 1 out in the bottom of the 5th, Greiner hit a Grand Slam to cut the Clemson lead to 6-5.
* Bright RBI fielder's choice in the 6th to tie it up.
* Greiner RBI single in the 6th to give USC a 7-6 lead.
* English homered in the 7th.
* Martin scored on a wild pitch in the 8th.
5-3 at Clemson
* Carolina trailed 3-1 going to the top of the 9th inning
* With 2 outs Greiner singled up the middle
* Celek pinch hit for Arendas and singled to left field advancing Greiner to 2nd and Martin to 3rd.
* Madden pinch ran for Celek
* Mooney singled to centerfield and advanced to 2nd on the throw. Madden advanced to third. Greiner, and Martin scored. Tied the game at 3.
* English doubled scoring Mooney and Madden. Gave USC the lead 5-3.
5-4 Ole Miss (10)
* Trailed 4-1 in the bottom of the 9th.
* Mooney singled to right center with one out.
* English reached on a fielder's choice and advanced to second on a throwing error. Mooney was out at 2nd.
* Bright singled to right scoring English. Cut the Ole Miss lead to 4-2.
* Schrock pinch hit for Caldwell and hit a two run homer to tie the game at 4.
* In the 10th, Greiner singled.
* Gore pinched hit for Pike and had a sacrifice bunt advancing Greiner to 2nd.
* Celek pinched hit for Arendas. Celek singled to right field scoring Greiner.
3-2 Tennessee (14)
* Down 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th with 2 outs. English was on 3rd.
* English scored on a wild pitch to tie the game at 2.
* Tied 2-2 bottom of the 14th with 1 out. Gore homered to right field to win the game 3-2.
* Trailed 6-3 going to the bottom of the 9th inning.
* First two batters of the inning were retired by a fly out and strikeout.
* Celek pinch hit for English and singled to center. Cone pinch ran for Celek.
* Schrock homered to right to cut the Vol lead to 6-5.
* Pankake reached on a dropped fly by the right fielder and advanced to second.
* Martin walked.
* Bright was hit by a pitch.
* Greiner hit a grand slam to give the Gamecocks a 9-6 win.
2-1 Appalachian State
* Game tied 1-1 entering the bottom of the 9th.
* Bright singled up the middle to lead off the 9th.
* Gore pinch hit for Celek and sacrificed Bright over to 2nd.
* Greiner pinch hit for Koch and singled to left scoring Bright to win the game 2-1.
More on the Greiner Grand Slams
The grand slam against Clemson made the score 6-5 in favor of the Tigers. Against Tennessee, the score was 6-5 Tennessee when he hit the grand slam. Both games, the final score was 9-6.
Greiner Being Clutch In These Comebacks
* Greiner has hit two grand slams.
* The two grand slams that he hit came against Clemson and Tennessee. Both teams wear orange and both games took place at Carolina Stadium.
* In both of those games that he hit the grand slam, the final score was 9-6 and were played at Carolina Stadium.
* Drove in the winning runs in the first Clemson game, and against Tennessee. Clemson game he had the grand slam and then had the RBI single to give USC a 7-6 lead. Against Tennessee, he hit the grand slam to give Carolina a 9-6 walk-off win.
* At Clemson, he started the rally with a 2 out single. In the 10th against Ole Miss, he singled and scored the winning run.
* Against Appalachian State, he had the winning hit scoring Bright.
Between Tennessee and Arkansas
* The Gamecocks played Appalachian State on Tuesday night. Carolina defeated the Mountaineers 2-1 on a walk-off RBI single by Greiner.
* USC leads the all-time series with Appalachian State 11-1.
* Had two hits in 10 at bats with one RBI in the three game series against Arkansas in 2013.
* Hitting .370 with 20 runs batted in on the year.
* Leads the team with 10 doubles.
* Tied for the team lead with 12 multiple hit games.
* Went 2 for 12 with one run batted in against the Razorbacks in 2013.
* Hitting .290 with one homer and 17 RBIs.
* One of three Gamecocks to start all 28 games. (Bright and Martin)
* Went 2 for 9 with one double, one RBI, three walks and three runs scored against Arkansas in 2013.
* Hitting .333 in SEC play and has one home run and 10 runs batted in.
* Hitting .363 on the season with four home runs and 30 RBIs.
* Leads the team with 30 RBIs.
* Two of his four home runs are grand slams.
* Second on the team with four home runs.
* Leads the team with eight multiple RBI games.
* One hit in five at bats against the Razorbacks in 2013.
* Hitting .327 with three homers and 15 RBIs.
* Tied for the team lead with 13 bases on balls.
* Had three hits in 12 at bats against Arkansas in 2013. He scored one run in the series.
* In the three game series in Fayetteville in 2012, he went 4 for 11 with one RBI and three runs scored.
* Hitting .432 in SEC play with a .622 slugging percentage.
* Hitting .354 with three homers and 18 RBIs.
* Tied for the team lead with four stolen bases.
* Has a 16 game hitting streak. That is the longest by any Gamecock this season.
* Tied for the team lead with 12 multiple hit games.
* Went 0 for 9 with three strikeouts against Arkansas in 2013.
* Hitting .247 with five homers and 12 RBIs.
* Leads the team with five home runs.
* Hitting .280 with six doubles and 12 runs batted in.
* Played in 28 games with 27 starts.
* Second on the team with six doubles.
* Hitting .305 with no home runs and 11 RBIs.
* He has hit leadoff in six games this season.
* Tied for third on the team with five doubles.
* 3-2 record with a 4.30 ERA in 7 starts.
* Leads the team with 38 strikeouts.
* Did not pitch against Arkansas in 2013.
* In 2012 at Arkansas, he pitched 5.1 innings allowing nine hits, five runs, all earned and struck out two. It was his first career loss.
* 5-1 with a 2.66 ERA in 7 starts.
* Pitched 4.2 innings against Arkansas in 2013 allowing seven hits, three runs, all earned and struck out four with two walks.
* The 2013 game against Arkansas was his first career SEC start.
* Pitched in the Tennessee game in relief. It was his first game in relief since Florida in 2013.
* 6-0 with a 1.37 ERA in 7 starts.
* Leads the team with 46 innings pitched.
* 3-0 in 3 SEC starts with a 1.93 ERA. Among the three weekend starters, he has the best ERA, thrown the most innings (18.2), and allowed the fewest runs (4) in SEC play.
* Had an appearance on March 22, 2013 against Arkansas. He pitched 2.2 innings allowing five hits, four runs, three earned and struck out two while walking one.
* 1-0 with seven saves in 12 appearances with a 0.00 ERA.
* Has 23 strikeouts to three walks in 16 innings pitched.
* 2-0 with a 0.44 ERA in 15 appearances.
* Leads the team with 15 appearances.
* Allowed one run and nine hits in 20.1 innings of work.
* 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA in six appearances.
* Has 14 strikeouts to three walks in 16.1 innings pitched.
* In game two against Tennessee last weekend, he threw six innings allowing four hits, and no runs. Allowed the Gamecocks to come back and win the game 9-6.
* 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA in 10 appearances.
* Thrown 13 innings allowing nine hits and two runs. Both of the runs were unearned.
* He has struck out 12 and walked five.
A Little About Arkansas
* Arkansas defeated Nebraska Tuesday night 4-3 and played the Cornhuskers again on Wednesday afternoon.
* Entering the Nebraska game on Wednesday, the Razorbacks are 18-10 overall and 4-5 in the SEC on the year.
* Lost two of three to Mississippi State and two of three to Florida. The Razorbacks won two of three against Alabama. The series against Alabama was in Arkansas while the Razorbacks traveled to Starkville and Gainesville for those two series.
* Four of their first six SEC games were decided by one run. Arkansas went 2-2 in those one run games.
On Deck for the Gamecocks After Arkansas
The Gamecocks play Furman on April 8th at Fluor Field and then return to Carolina Stadium to play a three game series with Florida.
Click Here to view this Link.