Gamecocks versus Gators
* Florida leads the all-time series 41-22
* The Gators defeated the Gamecocks 74-58 on January 8, 2014, in Gainesville.
* UF has won the last five in the series.
* Carolina's last win in the series was a 72-69 win in Gainesville on January 15, 2011.
* Only one of the last five games in the series have been decided by single digits.
Earlier this Season
* UF won 74-58 in Gainesville.
* The Gamecocks had 21 turnovers to Florida's 15.
* Florida scored 22 points off the 21 USC turnovers.
* Florida outscored USC 40-16 in the paint and held an advantage of 20-5 in fast break points.
* USC shot 31.6% in the first half, but warmed up in the second half to shoot 54.5%.
* Tyrone Johnson led USC with 12 points and six rebounds.
Taking Care of the Basketball At Colonial Life Arena
The Gamecocks are averaging 14.9 turnovers per game in SEC play this season. In the last two games at Colonial Life Arena, USC has turned the ball over a combined 13 times. Carolina turned the ball over seven times against Georgia and six against Kentucky.
Defeating a Ranked Opponent
The 72-67 win over Kentucky on Saturday was South Carolina's first win against a ranked opponent since defeating No. 22/24 Vanderbilt 83-75 on January 8, 2011.
Points in the Paint Against Kentucky
The Gamecocks won the battle in the paint against the Wildcats 28-12. In the prior two games, UK outscored their opponents 92-48 in the paint.
The Gamecocks bench outscored the Wildcats bench 19-4. In the last two games, USC's bench has outscored their opponents by a combined score of 40-22. Duane Notice was the leading scorer off the bench in each of those games.
The USC defense held the Wildcats to shoot .269 from the field. It was the lowest field goal percentage for a USC opponent since Longwood shot .228 in the season opener.
Gamecock SEC Wins
* USC has four SEC wins this season.
* All four are at Colonial Life Arena.
* All four opponents were held to 67 points or less.
* USC led at halftime in all four games.
* Played a combined 79 minutes in the last two games. 40 at Auburn and 39 vs. Kentucky
* Hit 11 of his last 21 shots from the field and 22 of his last 24 free throw attempts.
* Scored 24+ points in three of the last four games.
* Scored 10 points in the last game against Florida.
* 12 consecutive starts
* Averaging 7.1 rebounds a game against SEC opponents in his career
* Led the team in rebounding in each of the last three games.
* Played 16 minutes against Florida earlier this season and grabbed four rebounds and scored three points.
* Eight points and five rebounds in 17 minutes of action against Kentucky on Saturday.
* The eight points against UK were the most for him since he scored 12 against Texas A&M on January 29, 2014.
* Played two minutes against the Gators earlier this season.
* Started the last two games and has 24 starts on the season.
* Played 20 minutes against UK scoring four points and pulling down five boards.
* The five rebounds are the most for him since pulling down six against Vanderbilt on February 12, 2014.
* Played 23 minutes against Florida and scored two points and had one rebound.
* Played exactly 24 minutes in each of the last three games.
* The last two games he has come off of the bench. Before coming off the bench he started 20 games in a row.
* Hit seven of his last 16 shots from the field after going one of 14 in the previous two games.
* Played 33 minutes against Florida earlier this year and scored eight points but had five turnovers.
* Played in each of the last two games after not playing in the previous four.
* Against Florida earlier this season he had four rebounds and seven points in 20 minutes of action.
* Only Gamecock to start every game this season.
* Last four games, he is 12 of 56 from the field.
* Last four games, he has attempted 24 free throws with 12 coming against Georgia.
* In Gainesville, he had 10 points, four rebounds, three steals, one assist and four turnovers.
Scouting the Gators
* Ranked #1 in the country.
* 27-2 overall and 16-0 in SEC play.
* Won 21 games in a row. Last loss was at Connecticut on December 2, 2013.
* Last two road games have been decided by four points or less. (75-71 at Ole Miss and 57-54 at Vanderbilt)
* UF has four players averaging 10+ points a game.