Prepare like the pros thanks to USC statistician Douglas Adams, aka "Kershaw," the man behind the stats for the Gamecocks radio team. In this exclusive feature for Gamecock Central, Adams provides you with the kind of notes he'd give a working broadcast crew. Enjoy!
Gamecocks vs. Gators
* The Gators lead the overall series 40-22 and hold a 19-7 edge over Carolina in Gainesville.
* Florida won last year's meeting 75-36 in Gainesville. USC shot 14 of 45 from the field and had 17 turnovers. Carolina made three of their 21 shots in the first half.
* The Gators have won four in a row over the Gamecocks and seven of the last 10.
* Three of the last four meetings have been decided by double digits. UF scored between 74 and 79 points in those four games.
* USC's last win against UF was a 72-69 win on January 15, 2011 in Gainesville.
* The last five wins for USC over UF are by six points or less.
* The two teams will play again in Columbia on March 4, 2014.
Gamecocks versus Ranked Opponents
* The Gators are the second top 10 opponent that the Gamecocks will face this season. USC played at No. 9 Oklahoma State on December 6, 2013 in Stillwater.
* The last time USC defeated a ranked opponent on the road was No. 13/19 Vanderbilt (77-73) on March 6, 2010 in Nashville.
* The last time USC defeated a ranked opponent was January 8, 2011 when the Gamecocks defeated No. 22/24 Vanderbilt 83-75 (OT) in Columbia.
Gamecocks on a Winning Streak
* USC has won four games in a row to improve its record to 7-6 on the season.
* During the four game winning streak, the Gamecocks have 64 assists to 41 turnovers.
* Three of the four games have been decided by double digits.
* The Gamecocks have shot 41.7% from the field or better in the last five games.
* USC has scored 162 of their 321 points in the last four games in the paint. (50.4%)
* Carolina has hit 23 of their 51 three point attempts. (45.1%) They are 21 of 42 in their last three games.
* The longest winning streak for the Gamecocks in 2012-13 was five games.
Gamecocks Starting Five
*Williams, Thornwell, Notice, Henry, and Kacinas have started the last four games. USC is 4-0 in those four games.
*Thornwell, Henry and Kacinas are the only USC players to start in every game this season.
* Started the last four games.
* 13 of 21 (61.9%) on his 3-point attempts in the four game winning streak. Prior to that he was 12 of 39. (30.8%)
* Scored in double figures in five straight games.
* 21 of 35 from the field in the last three games.
* 30 of 30 from the free throw line this season. Made a USC record 47 in a row.
* Has nine assists to two turnovers in the four game winning streak.
* 11 of 19 in the last two games from the field. The three previous games he went five of 19.
* Scored in double figures in nine games this season including the last two; 18 points vs. Marshall and 17 vs. South Carolina State.
* In the last five games, he has 17 assists to three turnovers.
* Started all 13 games this season.
* Scored in double figures in three games this season, including the last two games. Scored 12 vs. Marshall and 10 vs. South Carolina State.
* Pulled down a career high 11 rebounds vs. South Carolina State in 32 minutes played. His previous three games he grabbed eight rebounds in 45 minutes played.
* Scored eight points or more in the last three games. He is 15 of 28 from the field in those three games.
*Started the last six games. In those six games he has shot 23 of 47 (48.9%) from the field.
* Scored in double figures in five of the last six games. The first seven games of the season, he scored eight points or less.
* In the last three games, he has 20 assists to nine turnovers.
* Played 31+ minutes in four of the last five games. He played 20 minutes or less in the first eight games of the season.
Scouting the Gators
* Florida is 11-2 on the season which includes a 8-0 record in Gainesville.
* UF is currently ranked 10th in the AP and 11th in the Coaches.
* The Gators two losses are on the road to Wisconsin 59-53 and UConn 65-64. The Badgers are currently ranked 4th in both polls. The Huskies were ranked 12th in the AP at the time of their matchup with the Gators but are no longer in the top 25. The Gators have wins against #24 Memphis and #18 Kansas.
* Gators have five players averaging 10+ points a game.
* Recorded a 29-8 record during the 2012-13 season which included a 14-4 mark in SEC play. Finished 1st in the conference. Advanced to the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight.
* Returned eight letter winners from the 2012-13 squad which includes two starters.
* Gators have won 23 straight games at home.
Gator Head Coach Billy Donovan
* Alma Mater - Providence 1987
* 426-168 in 18 seasons at Florida and 461-188 in 20 seasons in his career as a head coach.
Gators Starting Five
* Casey Prather and Will Yeguete are the only two Gators to start all 13 games this season.
* Patric Young, Scottie Wilbekin and Michael Frazier are the other three probably starters.
* Prather, Young, Wilbekin and Frazier are all averaging 10+ points a game.
* Yeguete, Wilbekin and Young are averaging 5+ boards a game.
* The lineup of Young, Wilbekin, Frazier, Prather, and Yeguete have started six of the last seven games.