Gamecocks Heading Into the Week
* USC is 2-3 on the season coming off a 79-52 loss at No. 9 Oklahoma State.
* Will play Manhattan on Dec. 17, 2013, at 7:00 p.m. and USC Upstate on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4 p.m. Both games are at Colonial Life Arena.
Recapping Oklahoma State
* The 9th ranked Cowboys defeated the Gamecocks, 79-52, in front of 13,611 fans at Gallagher-Iba Arena.
* USC shot 20.0% from the field in the first half, but did improve to 48% in the 2nd half.
* The Gamecocks went 6 of 11 (54.5%) from three-point range. The 54.5% is a season high in three-point field goal percentage. USC's previous season-high was 42.1% against FIU where the Gamecocks went 8 of 19. The two previous road games USC was 4 of 18 on its three-point attempts.
* USC had five players with at least five rebounds against OSU. Carrera led the way with seven while Kacinas, Henry, Notice and Ringer had five each. The Gamecocks had four players with at least five rebounds against Longwood.
Good to Be Back Home
* Carolina is 2-0 on the season at Colonial Life Arena, while all three losses have been on the road. Two of the three losses have been to nationally ranked opponents.
* USC defeated Longwood, 82-44, on Nov. 9 and Florida International, 84-72, on Nov. 24.
* Gamecocks are 12-8 at Colonial Life Arena under head coach Frank Martin.
The Return of Bruce
* Ellington made his first appearance this season against Oklahoma State.
* He had two points, one assist and one rebound in 17 minutes played. His two points were from the free throw line. He was 0-2 from the field.
* In the first three games of the 2013-14 season, Shaw had two points in four minutes played. In the last two games, he has scored 29 points in 46 minutes of play. He is 10 of 15 from the field, including 6 of 10 from three-point range.
* Ringer had three rebounds in the first four games of the season. Against Oklahoma State, he grabbed a career-high five boards. Three of the five were defensive rebounds. Going into the Oklahoma State game, he had one defensive rebound.
* The five rebounds against Oklahoma State tied his career high against Longwood in the season opener.
* Henry has at least five rebounds in all five games this season. His career high is six. (Longwood, Baylor, and Florida International)
* Kacinas has at least five rebounds in four of the five games this season.
* He has scored at least six points in four of the five games this season.
* He is 7 of 10 from the free throw line in the last two games.
* Played at least 31 minutes in three consecutive games.
* Had seven boards against OSU. He also had seven against Baylor and nine against Longwood.
South Carolina vs. Manhattan - Dec. 17, 2013 - 7 p.m
* South Carolina leads the overall series 6-2.
* Seven of the eight games played between the two teams were played between 1972 and 1981.
* The Gamecocks are 4-1 against the Jaspers in Columbia.
* The two teams last met last season on Dec. 22, 2012, where the Gamecocks defeated the Jaspers 63-57. It was their first meeting since 1981.
* Five of Carolina's six wins against the Jaspers are by 10 points or more.
* The two teams first met on Jan. 12, 1972, in Columbia with the Gamecocks winning 116-78.
* Manhattan's only win in the series came on Jan. 12, 1977, when the Jaspers defeated the Gamecocks 70-67.
Manhattan Head Coach Steve Masiello
* Graduated from Kentucky in 2000
* 42-33 record at Manhattan in three seasons.
* The Jaspers went 14-18 in 2012-13 and finished sixth in the MAAC with a 9-9 record.
* The Jaspers reached the MAAC Tourney Final.
* They return nine letterwinners which includes three starters from the 2012-13 squad.
* Manhattan is 7-2 on the season which includes a 6-0 record on the road.
* The Jaspers have scored at least 66 points in all nine of their games.
* Beamon leads the team with 20.7 points per game while Michael Alvarado is the only other Jasper in double figures with 11.0 points per game.
* Beamon is one of three players on the team who have started every game this season.
* He is 75 of 83 on free throw attempts this season.
* He is leading the team in rebounding with 66 on the season and 7.3 per game.
13 of 45 from three-point range.
* Third on the team with 9.8 points per game,
second on the team with 59 rebounds for an average of 6.6 per game.
* Leads the team with 38 blocks on the season. The rest of the team has 17.
* Fourth on the team with 8.2 points per game.
* Has hit 23 of his 58 three-point attempts. Both three-pointers made and attempted lead the team.