Gamecocks vs. Mississippi State
* Mississippi State leads the overall series 18-9 and won nine of the 11 in Starkville.
* The Bulldogs have won eight of the last nine in the series.
* USC's last win was a 79-72 victory in Columbia on March 6, 2013.
* Mississippi State won the last meeting 70-59 in the 2013 SEC Tournament.
* Three of the last five games have been decided by exactly two points. All three were Mississippi State wins.
* Two of the last nine games have went to overtime.
Last Season Against Mississippi State
* The Gamecocks and Bulldogs met three times. MSU won two of the three games.
* In the two regular season games last season, MSU outscored USC 41-12 in fast break points. (14-2 and 27-10)
* In the win against MSU last season, Brenton Williams scored 38 points. He was 10 of 17 from the field including six of nine from three point range. He was 12 of 12 from the free throw line.
* In the USC win, the Gamecocks forced 20 Bulldog turnovers while only turning it over 13 times. In the two losses, USC turned it over 24 times and then 17 times while MSU turned it over 17 and 14.
* Mississippi State shot at least 25 free throws in each of the three meetings last season.
Specialty Points In the Two Games Against Florida
Category: Game 1/Game 2
Points in the Paint: 16-40/24-26
Points Off Turnovers: 13-22/10-27
Second Chance Points: 3-2/8-23
Fast Break Points: 5-20/4-15
USC combined to turn the ball over 40 times in two games against Florida.
Florida From Three
The Gators went 11 of 31 from three point range on Tuesday night against the Gamecocks. The 11 three's were the most by an opponent against the Gamecocks this season. The prior high was 10 by Georgia on January 22, 2014 in Athens. The 31 three point attempts are also the most by an opponent this season. The previous high was 25 by Arkansas.
Michael Frazier for the Gators hit all 11 three's. He was 11 of 18 from three point range.
Leading Scorer Against Florida
The leading scorer against Florida was Kacinas who put up 12 points. It was the second time this season leading Carolina in points in a game. The first time was against Clemson on November 17, 2013. Kacinas scored 13 against the Tigers.
* Had scored in double figures in six straight games before only scoring seven against Florida.
* Played at least 37 minutes in each of the last three games.
* Hit six of his last 19 shots including three of 11 from three point range.
* Started 13 straight games.
* Played 15 minutes against Florida. That was his first time playing under 20 minutes in a game since he played five at Tennessee.
* Had two rebounds against Florida. In the prior six games, he had at least five in each of them.
* Pulled down a season high nine rebounds against Florida.
* Also tied his season high in minutes played with 21.
* Combined for 14 points and 14 rebounds in the last two games.
* Tied his season high with 36 minutes played against the Gators.
* Pulled down eight rebounds which is the most he has had in SEC play this season. It is the most rebounds for him in a game since he had nine against SC State.
* Five of his eight rebounds against the Gators were on the offensive glass.
* Started six of the last seven games.
* Scored 11 points against Florida. It was his first time scoring double figures since putting up 10 against Vanderbilt on February 12.
* Had five turnovers in both games against the Gators this season.
* Came off the bench in the last three games.
* Started all 30 games this season. Only Gamecock to start every game.
* Shot 40% or below in each of the last five games.
* Had a season high seven turnovers against Florida on Tuesday.
* Played at least 30 minutes in each of the last 10 games.
Scouting Mississippi State
* 13-17 overall and 3-14 in SEC play
* Lost 12 games in a row
* Only three of those 12 games were decided by single digits
* Craig Sword (13.2) and Gavin Ware (10.3) are the only Bulldogs averaging 10+ points a game.
* Gavin Ware leads MSU with 7.1 rebounds per game.
* Ware is the only Bulldog to start in all 30 games.
* MSU is 11-6 at home including a record of 3-5 against SEC opponents in Starkville.