South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt
* Vanderbilt leads the overall series 28-24 and the series is tied at 12 in Columbia.
* The Commodores have won five in a row in the series. Only one of those five games were decided by single digits. (Vandy 58-51 on 1/19/13)
* The most points Carolina scored in the last five games was 64 last season in Nashville. The other four games USC scored 60 or fewer.
* Carolina's last win in the series was an 83-75 overtime win on January 8, 2011.
Field Goal Percentage
The Gamecocks are shooting 42.9% from the field against SEC opponents this season. Carolina shot 35.7% from the floor against Tennessee marking the third time this season they were held under 40% from the floor. USC shot 38% from the floor last season in the regular season against SEC opponents. They were held under 40% in 11 of the 18 regular season SEC games.
Getting to the Free Throw Line
The Gamecocks shot a season low 13 free throw attempts against Tennessee. The prior low on the season was 18 against Boise State and also at Clemson. USC shot 18 or fewer free throws in 15 games last season.
Turnovers Since the Ole Miss Game on January 18, 2014
Against Ole Miss on January 18, the Gamecocks turned the ball over 21 times. Since that game, USC is averaging 14.2 turnovers a game. The three games prior to Ole Miss, USC averaged 19 turnovers.
* Williams scored eight points and shot two of eight from the field against Tennessee. The Tennessee game was the first time since Ole Miss on January 18th that he was held to under 10 points. The eight field goal attempts against Tennessee were the fewest for him since he took seven against South Carolina State on January 3rd. He attempted at least 10 field goal attempts in the first nine SEC games of the season.
* Williams is 75 of 78 on his free throw attempts this season. (.962). The USC record for free throw percentage in a season is .884 by Bryce Sheldon (38-43) in 2007 and Ronnie Collins (84-95) in 1962. The minimum is 30 free throw attempts.
*Pulled down six rebounds against Auburn and Tennessee. He is averaging 4.6 rebounds on the season.
*Played a career high 26 minutes at Tennessee scoring seven points. In the last four games he saw action in, he combined for 26 minutes and scored six points.
* Made at least four field goals in each of the last four games.
* Has at least four rebounds in three of the last four games.
* In the last four games, he has 22 assists to 13 turnovers. The prior four he had 14 assists to 20 turnovers.
* Has four steals in back to back games against Auburn and Tennessee.
* Against Marshall, SC State, and Florida, he combined to shoot 14 times from the field. Since the Florida game, he has attempted at least 12 shots in seven of the nine games.
Scouting the Commodores
* 13-9 overall, 5-5 in the SEC
* Head Coach Kevin Stallings is in his 15th season at Vanderbilt. He is 290-185 with the Commodores. His overall record in 20 seasons is 413-248.
* The Commodores have won four of their last five SEC games.
* The game in Columbia is their first road game since they defeated Georgia 59-54 in Athens on January 29th.
* Turned the ball over 15 times or less in each of the last seven games.
* Last four games have been decided by six points or less.
* Rod Odom has led the team in scoring in seven of the last eight games.
* Four different players have led the Commodores in rebounding over the last four games.
Kyle Fuller (11/Sr./G/6-1/188)
* Scored in double figures in five straight games.
* Shot at least 10 field goals in seven of the 10 SEC games.
* Combined for 15 assists and five turnovers in the last two games.
* Averaging 11.7 points and 3.8 rebounds this season.
Damian Jones (30/Fr./C/6-10/235)
* Averaging 11.9 points and 6.1 rebounds in SEC play.
* Made 19 consecutive starts
* Made 13 of his last 19 shots.
* Has two double-doubles on the season. (Kentucky and Ole Miss)
Rod Odom (0/Sr./F/6-9/212)
* Averages 17.4 points and 5.9 rebounds in SEC play.
* Scored at least 16 points in nine of the last 11 games.
* Has two double-doubles on the season. (Alabama and Georgia)
* Hit 11 of his 24 three point attempts over the last three games.
Dai-jon Parker (24/Jr./G/6-3/190)
* Averaging in SEC play - 38.8 minutes, 8.6 points and 4.4 rebounds
* Scored in double figures in five of the last nine games.
James Siakam (35/RS-Jr./F/6-7/215)
* Averaging 7.3 points and 5.0 rebounds in SEC play.
* Has two double-doubles on the season. (Lipscomb and Texas A&M)
* Game against A&M he pulled down 10 boards and scored 22 points. He scored 10 of the 22 from the free throw line. That is the only SEC game he has scored in double figures in.