Tuesday practice quick-hitters with video
South Carolina worked out for two hours at the new Gamecock Park practice fields Tuesday evening. Several coaches and players met with the media.
***Tale of the tape - A closer look at formations, trends, playcalls, and much more after spending time reviewing the tape of USC/Kentucky.***
Quick-hitters from the Gamecocks' practice Tuesday evening:
- Lorenzo Ward said Chaz Elder has seen less playing time because he has not practiced well.
- Ward has no idea why the defense plays so much better in the second half than first half. He suspects maybe the players start off too excited and need to calm down and stay disciplined.
- All the coaches and players were asked why the defense is better in the second half. Nobody had an answer.
- Chris Lammons is likely out this weekend.
- Isaiah Johnson said the pressure will be on safeties this weekend to not bite on playaction.
- Johnson also said the defense is preparing for multiple quarterbacks.
Want complete coverage of your Gamecocks? Check out our Premium content for GamecockCentral.com subscribersFive things we learned - South Carolina lost to Kentucky, 26-22, Saturday night at Williams-Brice Stadium as a second-half comeback fell short. Here are five things we learned from the loss.
Report card: USC vs. UK - Josh Low hands out his grades to USC positional groups after an SEC loss to Kentucky.
Click Here to view this Link.